Your home is a major investment and one that must be maintained – whether you plan to live there just a few years or will be living there for years to come. But as a homeowner, the To Do list often seems to add two new jobs for every one you are able to remove. Argh! What’s a person to do? You can spend all your free time working on home projects or you can call a handyman.
A handyman is someone who can take on those smaller home projects that most contractors and builders don’t want to spend time on. This is to your benefit. In fact, there are several benefits in hiring a handyman versus a contractor. Here are five of them.
- A handyman typically charges by the hour, so there is less likelihood of high costs; a contractor charges based on an estimated amount of time.
- Handymen are able to keep cost lower because they have a smaller crew, thus requiring lower insurance costs and expenses.
- Many handyman services also do jobs like stringing holiday lighting and decorations, then taking these items down after the season is over.
- They can do those DIY projects- repairing trim work, replacing window sashes, gutter cleaning, etc. for you so you have time to enjoy your weekends.
- You don’t have to own, or even rent, the various tools need to do a job; the handyman will have those readily available.
There never seems to be enough hours in the week to get all the things on calendar accomplished. So, when there are projects like replacing a shingle, upgrading windows and doors, painting trim, etc. to be done around the house, it can be overwhelming. After all, who wants to spend what can seem like every weekend doing household repairs and upgrades? Thankfully, you don’t have to.